[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #5259: Single notifications are deleted instead of being marked as read for plugins (was: Single follow notifications misbehaving in 1.9 beta 1)

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 27 04:04:43 UTC 2013

#5259: Single notifications are deleted instead of being marked as read for
plugins
---------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  henrywright    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new
Changes (by r-a-y):

 * keywords:   => dev-feedback
 * severity:  normal => major

Comment:

 This is a big backpat issue because internally we have switched out all
 previous delete notification functions to the newly-created
 `bp_core_mark_notifications_by_X()` functions (see r7529).

 If we leave this as-is, 3rd-party plugins will need to do the same thing
 in order for notifications to default to mark as read instead of delete.

 I know this will suck, but perhaps we should revert r7529 and alter most
 of the `bp_core_delete_notifications_by_X()` functions to mark
 notifications as read instead of deleting them.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5259#comment:2>