[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #5014: Admin > Activity Stream Reply to Activity in Hidden Group Does Not Show up in Front End

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 21 06:55:01 UTC 2013

#5014: Admin > Activity Stream Reply to Activity in Hidden Group Does Not Show up
in Front End
 Reporter:  mercime       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Activity      |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 BP trunk-7092, WP 3.6 beta 3, Single WP install

 Checked out report of user at http://buddypress.org/support/topic/admin-
 activity-stream-replies-not-posting-to-group-activity/

 Confirmed the issue posted by user. To replicate:

 - Change privacy level of a Group from Public to Hidden in front end
 - Posted Status Update as Super Admin in that now Hidden Group which I was
 not a member of
 - Went to Admin > Activity Stream and Replied to the status update posted
 in Hidden group
 - Reply shows up in Admin > Activity Stream but not in front end of the
 Hidden Group's Activity Stream.

 Beyond the issue posted:

 - In Admin > Activity Sream, in the row of my reply to the status updete,
 the column "in response to" incorrectly shows response to a user, and not
 to the said post update activity.
 - Related: when I click on the View Activity link in Admin > Activity
 Stream under that incorrect user's avatar, I am brought to my profile page
 http://example.com/members/mercime/ with error warning in my member header
 area "You do not have access to this activity."

 Note: No issue so far when replying to public group activities from Admin

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5014>