[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4979: Group component should only set "old forum" activity actions if old forum is active.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 3 10:21:53 UTC 2013

#4979: Group component should only set "old forum" activity actions if old forum
is active.
--------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  imath         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Activity      |    Version:  1.7
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-patch 2nd-opinion
--------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Hi,

 I've noticed in BuddyPress 1.7.1 and it's still there in the trunk i've
 just updated on my dev environment (version 1.8-bleeding-6931) that in the
 function groups_register_activity_actions() of the file buddypress/bp-
 groups/bp-groups-activity.php 2 activity actions related to old forum
 component are set by default.
 As a result, in the activity admin area (i love it ;) ), these 2 actions
 are available in the type selectbox when editing an activity even if the
 old forum is not activated.
 I think, it would be better if these type of activities would only be
 available if the "old forum" is active and only in this case.

 So i suggest to apply the diff attached to this ticket to be sure these
 type of activities are set if they need to.

 FYI, I ran some tests activating the "old forum" from the "retired" tab on
 a fresh install of 1.7.1 ( btw i was pretty surprised i needed to manually
 include buddypress()->plugin_dir .'bp-forums/deprecated/1.7.php' in order
 to complete the old bbpress installation and that the repair message to
 alert the component needs a directory page didn't show up ) and it seems
 to work the right way.

 Then i made some other tests with bbPress 2.3.1 activated and again it
 seems to work fine. And in this case i really think the two types of
 activities ( old forum 'new_forum_topic' & old forum 'new_forum_post' )
 are a bit confusing for the administrator when editing the activity from
 the activity admin area especially in the case of a group forum.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4979>