[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4855: Method to override a plugins use of plugins.php or add filters to bp_template_title and bp_template_content

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 6 20:12:05 UTC 2013

#4855: Method to override a plugins use of plugins.php or add filters to
bp_template_title and bp_template_content
------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  modemlooper             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by imath):

 Hi modemlooper, r-a-y, boone,

 As i'm not sure to understand all that have been discussed so far, i
 apologize if i'm wrong with the following.

 A few time ago, i've worked on one of my plugin (bp-checkins) in order to
 be sure it will load correctly on bp-default / bp-legacy. Then as it
 worked i've published some content in the [http://codex.buddypress.org
 /theme-compatibility/how-to-enjoy-bp-theme-compat-in-plugins/ codex] that
 describes the way i've done it. I haven't noticed the trouble you refer to
 in members area.

 So i'm a bit confused, i hope i haven't missed something!!
 So i've checked again with bbPress activated and everything works fine.

 I think boone is right when saying:
 > can you give an example of an existing plugin...

 It's always easier to understand when seeing the trouble in action ;)

 ----

 >My issue is this and that every theme can have a custom legacy
 plugins.php
 modemlooper, i avoid this problem by using a custom name for my template
 on the same way that describes boone
 [https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4855#comment:4 here]

 I first reference my plugin's path in the stack if my component is the
 current one and add a hook into the member screen callback if theme is not
 bp-default to include the filter
 {{{
 function bp_plugin_user_screen_callback(){
     //bp-default
     bp_core_load_template( apply_filters(
 'bp_plugin_user_screen_callback', 'bp-plugin-main-user-template' ) );

     //if BP Default is not used, we filter bp_get_template_part
     if( !bp_plugin_is_bp_default() )
         add_filter( 'bp_get_template_part', 'bp4855', 10, 2 );
 }
 }}}

 PS: i'll need to update the condition to include a
 current_theme_support('buddypress') check

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4855#comment:25>