[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4855: Method to override a plugins use of plugins.php or add filters to bp_template_title and bp_template_content

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 5 16:17:39 UTC 2013

#4855: Method to override a plugins use of plugins.php or add filters to
bp_template_title and bp_template_content
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  modemlooper        |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by modemlooper):

 Thanks Ray, but there still is an issue with replacing plugins.php with
 itself.

 If I wanted to replace activity.php I should use plugins.php to preserve
 theme structure. This method fails a bit with plugins.php. This issue is
 more about theme markup than content replacement and fixing the old issue
 of plugins using template files that break themes. I have 6 plugins I use
 that are broken because they supply templates and do not use plugins.php.
 One is bp ablum+ which I fixed yesterday.

 The reason I suggest a sub template is it is easier to replace that and
 preserve page structure than removing a bunch of actions. BP album
 supplied templates and if they were based on the new legacy files then we
 have a broken site when the themes plugins.php and the supplied template
 files don't match.

 If a plugin must supply a template then use the plugin can swap sub
 template without fear of not having total them support.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4855#comment:12>