[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4855: Method to override a plugins use of plugins.php or add filters to bp_template_title and bp_template_content

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Mar 4 22:08:51 UTC 2013

#4855: Method to override a plugins use of plugins.php or add filters to
bp_template_title and bp_template_content
-------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  modemlooper                    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                    |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * milestone:   => Future Release

Comment:

 > there needs to be a way to override another plugins use of the file.

 This is the part I guess I still don't get. I've shown you several ways to
 override plugins.php.

 >  Markup can be broken when the first half of an element is in the parent
 template file and then you switch out plugins.php with another file

 That's true, but that's true about all template parts, and all WP
 templates for that matter. There's only so much that we can do to prevent
 it.

 I still don't see the use case here, and I still can't understand what
 kind of specific enhancements could be made (I don't fully grok how your
 sub-template suggestion would be helpful, or what kind of logic you're
 talking about). But it could just be me, so I'll put it into Future
 Release. If you can provide even just a proof-of-concept patch to show
 what you have in mind, that'd be great.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4855#comment:8>