[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #5052: Ajax on group extension page on BP-default child theme returns HTML of referer page instead of data

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 9 13:25:31 UTC 2013

#5052: Ajax on group extension page on BP-default child theme returns HTML of
referer page instead of data
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  matom         |       Owner:
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:   => close
 * version:  1.8-beta => 1.7
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 1.8

Comment:

 Thanks for the report, matom. I'm switching the version number back to
 1.7, since that's the version where the bug was first noticed.

 I've confirmed your bug on the 1.7 branch.

 I also confirmed the behavior you described on the master branch ("Are you
 sure..."). However, this turns out to be an unrelated bug in
 `BP_Group_Extension::call_edit_screen_save()`. I fixed that bug in r7251.
 Now, I find that the AJAX call is returning "Hello World", as expected.
 This (along with some git bisect tests I ran) suggest that the changes in
 r6997 are responsible for fixing the original bug.

 I have not dug into what caused the original bug on the 1.7 branch. It
 looks like it's probably an issue with load order, or some oddity in the
 way that the old `BP_Group_Extension` loaded its screen callbacks. That'd
 explain why r6997, which includes a refactoring and regularization of the
 way that screen functions are hooked and loaded, fixed the bug. In any
 case, since it's fixed, I'm not going to sink any more time into the
 mystery.

 Please verify that your plugin is working as expected on the latest trunk
 (or manually apply r7251 to your copy of 1.8-beta2). Report back here, and
 we can mark this ticket as fixed.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5052#comment:3>