[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #5155: Messaging: ajax autocomplete does not work if users want to send an email to users login name

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Aug 31 17:53:12 UTC 2013

#5155: Messaging: ajax autocomplete does not work if users want to send an email
to users login name
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  quan_flo                |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new

Comment (by imath):

 I've run some tests, in a particular config. I imagined an admin
 deactivated the xprofile component. In this particular case : member
 search is not working at all as {{{BP_User_Query}}} do not search if
 xprofile is not active. So i suggest to change a little this behavior at
 the same time the enhancement suggested by @quan_flo is applied.

 Now still under this particular config and deactivating the friends
 component, if the admin sets {{{define( 'BP_MESSAGES_AUTOCOMPLETE_ALL',
 true ); }}} in his wp-config.php then the message component is not usable
 at all as {{{$bp->profile->table_name_data}}} is not defined. A notice
 error is thrown and there's no way to select a user.

 In 5155.diff i've also added a {{{bp_is_active( 'xprofile' )}}} in
 {{{BP_Core_User::search_users()}}} as some admin can eventually use the
 {{{bp_use_legacy_user_query}}} filter.

 I'm not using {{{friends_search_friends()}}} anymore in the patch, but i
 think it's best to leave it if some plugins/themes are using it..

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5155#comment:3>