[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4523: On submitting a new activity, I got error "There was a problem posting your update, please try again."

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Sep 13 13:06:13 UTC 2012

#4523: On submitting a new activity, I got error "There was a problem posting your
update, please try again."
 Reporter:  renp          |       Owner:
Changes (by renp):

 * severity:  major => critical

Comment:

 I've turned WP error logging on and this is the cause of the error:

 WordPress database error: [Incorrect integer value: '' for column
 'item_id' at row 1]
 INSERT INTO wp_bp_activity ( user_id, component, type, action, content,
 primary_link, date_recorded, item_id, secondary_item_id, hide_sitewide,
 is_spam ) VALUES ( 1, 'activity', 'activity_update', '<a
 href=\"http://localhost/members/admin/\" title=\"admin\">admin</a> posted
 an update', 'test', 'http://localhost/members/admin/', '2012-09-13
 13:00:40', '', '', 0, 0 )
 -1