[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4521: Buddypress installation wizard could not finish due to strict security setting on webhost

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Sep 12 18:47:28 UTC 2012

#4521: Buddypress installation wizard could not finish due to strict security
setting on webhost
 Reporter:  harmr         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Core          |    Version:
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:
 I tried to instally buddypress on my wordpress site which is hosted by
 twosteps.net.
 Activating the plugin worked, but when I started the installation wizard
 and arrived at step 3 - Permalinks - I got the following error:

 Warning: phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/htdocs
 /wp-includes/functions.php on line 2848

 I could not get beyond this point and thus couldnt finish buddypress
 installation. My provider has a special focus on security and thus
 disabled access to phpinfo. Buddypress should not only check if phpinfo is
 available but also if it can be accessed.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4521>