[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4218: Disabling activation email with bp_core_signup_send_activation_key breaks the signup

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun May 27 09:27:10 UTC 2012

#4218: Disabling activation email with bp_core_signup_send_activation_key breaks
the signup
 Reporter:  boonebgorges  |       Owner:

Comment (by DJPaul):

 At that point, user_status = 2 has already been set, and
 bp_core_signup_disable_inactive() will prevent such users to log in. As
 far as I see, those users *will* need a key to activate their account (I
 have no idea how they'd find out what their key is), so I think moving
 generation of the activation key outside of the conditional is safe.

 This seems a bit of a weird filter, and we probably want to add true 'skip
 user account activation' in a future version.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4218#comment:1>