[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4202: bbPress 1 topic titles are limited to 100 chars; no limit on input box when posting topic. (was: New forum post titles longer than 100 chars throw unfriendly "There was an error when creating the topic")

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue May 15 09:40:02 UTC 2012

#4202: bbPress 1 topic titles are limited to 100 chars; no limit on input box when
posting topic.
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  chriskeeble   |       Owner:
Changes (by DJPaul):

 * keywords:  needs-patch reporter-feedback => needs-patch
 * severity:  normal => minor
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 1.6

Comment:

 That's bbPress 1. Thanks. As you've found, the character limit is in a
 bbPress table, so we can't change that in BuddyPress. As BuddyPress will
 be encouraging users to migrate to bbPress 2 in BP 1.6, I don't think it's
 worth spending a lot of time tweaking the existing behaviour for bbPress
 1.

 Adding limit to the input box is the simple fix, but I don't yet know how
 this will affect bbPress 2. We'll wait for bbPress 2 integration to be
 complete and then revisit this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4202#comment:4>