[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4051: using shortcodes in activity stream always result in [Read more] links if shortcode filter priority is wrong

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jun 14 18:06:47 UTC 2012

#4051: using shortcodes in activity stream always result in [Read more] links if
shortcode filter priority is wrong
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  magnus78      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 (In [6095]) Strip shortcodes from comparison text before adding [Read
 More] link in activity stream

 We test to see whether a 'Read More' link should be added to activity
 items
 in the stream by comparing the excerpted version against the unprocessed
 text.
 Since the excerpt is created using bp_create_excerpt() with the
 'filter_shortcodes' flag set to true, we must also strip shortcodes on the
 unprocessed text to get an accurate comparison for length.

 This prevents the [Read More] link from being appended erroneously when
 shortcodes are present in activity updates.

 Fixes #4051. Props magnus78

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4051#comment:6>