[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3943: Links from MAIN WP / BP Multisite to MEMBER PROFILES (and other areas) are Redirecting

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Jan 21 17:49:20 UTC 2012

#3943: Links from MAIN WP / BP Multisite to MEMBER PROFILES (and other areas) are
Redirecting
 Reporter:  topracer      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Core          |    Version:  1.5.2
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:
 I have a WP 3.3 setup using BP 1.5.2 in a mulitsite ENABLED platform.
 Sometimes the links work properly…but in other areas of the network, links
 don’t. NAMELY, the URLs to Member Profiles don’t link properly from the
 MAIN site.

 Background – the ‘main’ site in our multisite platform is called
 “networkit.com”. One of our subsites is “tvhra” and found at
 http://www.networkit.com/tvhra

 Overall, links seem to work fine within the TVHRA site when linking to
 member profiles, activity, forum topics, etc….all good.

 However, from the main site (and i’m signed in as the site admin) – BP
 members section (found here http://www.networkit.com/community/members/ )
 – if I click on a member name, such as “Betty Kidd” who signed up
 originally on the networkit.com/tvhra blog site, her link tries to go to:
 http://www.networkit.com/community/members/bkidd/ – instead it just
 refreshs back to the designated home page for networkit.com

 The url is wrong…should be going to http://www.networkit.com/tvhra/our-
 community/members/bkidd/

 Note that in the main site, all BP components are under parent page
 “community’, but in the subsite, the BP components are under parent page
 “our-community”…don’t think that’s the problem, but thought I’d point it
 out.

 ACTIONS TAKEN THUS FAR TO DIAGNOSE:
 I’ve already deactivated all plug-ins on the MAIN Network Admin panel, and
 in the NETWORKIT.COM panel AND in the TVHRA panel. Then deactivated BP.
 Reactivated just BP and still have the same persistent problem. UUGGGHH.

 NOTE: Same problems seen in support forums on multiple occassions
 (lingering problem....); however, no answer was ever found that I can
 find.  Furthermore, after this posting...no response / solution presented
 by anyone in over 10+ days.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3943>