[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4703: Group forum is a one way street - Can't go back to ordinary forum (default slug)

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 4 14:30:26 UTC 2012

#4703: Group forum is a one way street - Can't go back to ordinary forum (default
slug)
 Reporter:  Sadr          |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Forums        |    Version:
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:
 If I repair a converted legacy forum to be associated with its group
 again, or create a new group forum from scratch, there's no going back.

 It's like this:
 -- http://example.com/forums/forum/effects
 -> http://example.com/groups/effects/forum/
 -X http://example.com/forums/forum/effects

 Opting out of "yes, I want this group to have a forum" does nothing, the
 forum is still there. Also, if I want to delete the group, there's no way
 to avoid deleting the forum along with it, which I'd often like to avoid.

 What I'm looking for is a "separate this forum from its group" type of
 action. While at it, though not strictly related to this defect, you'd
 probably want a "attack this forum to {select group}" as well.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4703>