[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3560: "Hide admin bar for logged out users" not working using define('BP_USE_WP_ADMIN_BAR', true);

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Sep 8 04:06:37 UTC 2011

#3560: "Hide admin bar for logged out users" not working using
define('BP_USE_WP_ADMIN_BAR', true);
------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  tsany             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect            |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by cnorris23):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 Turns out the problem wasn't load order. The result of show_admin_bar()
 takes precedence over anything else. So, when we set show_admin_bar( true
 ), it essentially tells WP to ignore any other settings. It's still an
 easy fix. I've just duplicated the check that gets ignored. The caveat is
 that we have to create a new function to avoid using a private WP
 function.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3560#comment:9>