[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3691: Fatal call to bp_activity_get_permalink() if activity updates have been used but subsequently disabled

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Oct 17 20:02:20 UTC 2011

#3691: Fatal call to bp_activity_get_permalink() if activity updates have been
used but subsequently disabled
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Activity      |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-patch
--------------------------+-----------------------
 In the members loop (and maybe elsewhere), bp_get_member_latest_update()
 tries to show the latest update. We bail out of that function if the
 member's latest_update field is empty, which it will be if activity was
 never enabled. However, that field may be populated if activity *was* once
 enabled, which means that we won't bail, and we hit a fatal error later in
 the function with bp_activity_get_permalink().

 There are probably fancy ways to fix this, but I suggest a simple
 bp_is_active() check. See 01.patch.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3691>