[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #2947: bp_get_the_profile_field_options( 'type=datebox' ) - missing saved value and "type" parameter in filter

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jan 4 06:07:46 UTC 2011

#2947: bp_get_the_profile_field_options( 'type=datebox' ) - missing saved value
and "type" parameter in filter
-----------------------+-----------------------------
  Reporter:  r-a-y     |      Owner:
      Type:  defect    |     Status:  new
 Component:  XProfile  |    Version:  1.3
Resolution:            |   Keywords:  has-patch
-----------------------+-----------------------------

Comment (by cnorris23):

 Good catch boonegorges! Got a little overzealous with the cleanup, and
 since I had my blinders on from focusing on the datebox issue, I forgot to
 test the others. The new patch works well in all cases. Everything seems
 to save/delete just fine.

 The only problem I saw was on the public profile portion. Since
 multiselect and checkbox fields are always an array on save, empty or
 otherwise, fields with an empty array were being displayed... well their
 field name was being displayed, since running the empty() function on a
 serialized array will always return false. Updated the patch to run
 maybe_unserialize() on the field data in
 BP_XProfile_Data_Template::the_profile_field() and all is well again.
 Probably needs another round of testing.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2947#comment:5>