[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3854: bp_is_groups_component conditional does not work on 3rd Party Group Component Pages

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Dec 30 13:30:26 UTC 2011

#3854: bp_is_groups_component conditional does not work on 3rd Party Group
Component Pages
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  bowromir           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:   => reporter-feedback
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 I can't reproduce this. I put the following in my bp-custom.php:
 {{{
 function bbg_test_bp_is_groups_component_in_sidebar() {
         if ( bp_is_groups_component() ) {
                 echo 'THIS IS THE GROUPS COMPONENT';
         }
 }
 add_action( 'bp_inside_before_sidebar',
 'bbg_test_bp_is_groups_component_in_sidebar' );
 }}}

 and it shows, as expected, on all group pages, including those created by
 third party components like BuddyPress Docs.

 I'm guessing that there is something else in your theme logic that is
 causing the if...elseif...etc conditional to catch somewhere improperly.
 Can you provide more of this code so that it's a bit easier to see what's
 going on?

 Moving this to Future Release for the moment. If we can't get steps to
 reproduce, then I'll close as worksforme.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3854#comment:1>