[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3455: BuddyPress activity comment recording for Blog posts does not honour the WordPress post type visibility

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Aug 12 19:46:26 UTC 2011

#3455: BuddyPress activity comment recording for Blog posts does not honour the
WordPress post type visibility
-----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  sbrajesh               |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:  2nd-opinion => 2nd-opinion has-patch

Comment:

 This issue doesn't really have anything to do with BP's custom post type
 release. But it's too late in our dev cycle to do anything more
 substantial than what DJPaul is proposing. In fact, I started working on
 something meatier, but I found that it was quickly getting out of hand,
 and really needs to wait until the next feature release.

 3455-3.patch puts a similar whitelist filter in bp_blogs_record_post().
 DJPaul, you say we don't need one, and you're right that in the case of
 blog posts we are not risking a retrograde movement, but I don't see any
 reason why not to do it. Old methods for preventing bp_blogs_record_post()
 from firing (namely, unhooking the function) will continue to work.

 I also changed the filter names to be plural, since it's an array.

 The fact remains that 3455-3.patch will create problems for anointed, but
 it makes the solution much easier:
 {{{
 bbg_publish_my_post_type_comments( $types ) {
    $types[] = 'sermons';
    $types[] = 'devotionals';
    return $types;
 }
 add_filter( 'bp_blogs_record_comment_post_types',
 'bbg_publish_my_post_type_comments' );}}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3455#comment:11>