[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3459: BuddyPress 1.5-b2 and WordPress 3.2.1 -> Fatal error: Cannot redeclare add_filter()

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Aug 9 12:07:28 UTC 2011

#3459: BuddyPress 1.5-b2 and WordPress 3.2.1 -> Fatal error: Cannot redeclare
add_filter()
-----------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  cyberwani  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect     |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by cyberwani):

 * cc: cyberwani (added)
 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  invalid =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:1 boonebgorges]:
 > It sounds like you must have downloaded a corrupted version of WordPress
 or something. BuddyPress does not declare the function add_filter()
 anywhere. For this reason, it can't be a BP bug.

 > Delete your WordPress files, download WP afresh, and reupload them.

 This happens while BuddyPress Installation wizard. When installation
 wizard comes to option "'''4. Theme'''" and we selects "'''Manually update
 current theme'''" it displays:

 Fatal error: Cannot redeclare add_filter() (previously declared in
 /var/www/wpstd/wp-includes/plugin.php:65) in /var/www/wpstd/wp-
 includes/plugin.php on line 72.

 And, next time when we selects the "'''Use BuddyPress Default'''" in
 "'''4. Theme'''", it works fine and wizard completed fine.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3459#comment:2>