[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3428: Better bp-pages integration for third-party components with top-level directories

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Aug 3 03:35:19 UTC 2011

#3428: Better bp-pages integration for third-party components with top-level
directories
-----------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by enderandrew):

 I installed Achievements, which I had not installed before. It created a
 page, but it also prompted me with:

 "Some of your WordPress pages are linked to BuddyPress Components that are
 disabled: Achievements."

 I hit repair, which took me to BP Pages, and I hit Save to tell it that
 the newly created Achievements page should be mapped to Achievements. No
 spamming of pages, and it appears to just work as intended. So it would
 seem the patch works, assuming you don't already have a broken install of
 a given plugin from triggering the bug before.

 I don't want to necessary spam this thread with cross-talk, but are there
 DB entries I can remove to properly clean the bp-privacy install and try
 again to get it working? Are there rows written to the DB when
 bp_core_add_component() is called? And if I didn't want the Welcome,
 Maintenance, etc. pages in my nav menu, do I have to fully replace my menu
 with a custom menu, or is there another option? I'm fairly new to WP and
 I'm not aware of any traditional means to hide a page from the nav menu.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3428#comment:10>