[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #2391: Gravatar email addresses appear to be case sensitive and therefore don't load properly.

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed May 19 22:24:12 UTC 2010

#2391: Gravatar email addresses appear to be case sensitive and therefore don't
load properly.
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hotforwords  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
Component:  Core         |    Keywords:  Gravatar
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Since I added Buddypress to my Wordpress installation, using the
 Buddypress plugin about 50% of my users lost their Gravatar image and we
 discovered that it has to do with an old Wordpress bug where the cases had
 to match between the email address on Gravatar and on the website.  So
 joe at email.com and Joe at email.com would not match.  Wordpress fixed this bug
 a while back.

 The Gravatar's value is the hexadecimal MD5 hash of the requested users'
 email address with all whitespace trimmed. And the value is supposed to be
 case insensitive. (Taken from Wordpress Codex:
 http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Gravatars) But it appears that Buddypress
 brings back this bug where the email address is suddenly case-sensitive
 for Gravatars.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2391>