[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #2325: Changing hooked-to action functions to make new BP hooks work for 3rd-party components

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jun 28 08:46:54 UTC 2010

#2325: Changing hooked-to action functions to make new BP hooks work for 3rd-party
components
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jeffsayre                 |        Owner:  johnjamesjacoby
     Type:  defect                    |       Status:  closed

Comment(by johnjamesjacoby):

 Give it a check now. I hate doing this kind of testing in the branch and
 note: this is the last time we're doing it. :)

 I added another action: bp_include();

 bp_include fires AHEAD of the other core actions, basically in place of
 where bp_init was before. What I do a lot for clients is only include the
 BuddyPress files if BuddyPress is actually around, and those inclusions
 don't actually process any code, they just load up the files and add their
 hooks in to other places. In the past I was using bp_init for this, but if
 the intent of bp_init needs to be to wait until the end, then we still
 need something at the beginning.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2325#comment:19>