[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #1706: categorize groups, filter group enhancement

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jan 26 20:50:48 UTC 2010

#1706: categorize groups, filter group enhancement
------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Reporter:  neobabs                                                            |       Owner:
    Type:  enhancement                                                        |      Status:  new
 Hello, i think when our buddypress community start to have lots of members
 and groups it will be very difficult for users to find groups they can
 like just by using keyword.

 Maybe it can be a great enhancement to add for admin a way to add category
 and sub cat for groups (so it will be herited by forum too )

 and when a user create a group he have to check in which category he want
 to put this group.

 If people don't want this feature theys just dont categorize the group...

 After you can make ht*t://yoursite/groups/ (and /forums/)

 a real directory for groups with tabs for each categories and filter.

 Maybe you can add to /activity/ a filter for last activity by category
 which will show latest activity for group and forum (if forum category is
 herited by group).

 I hope you will find this enhancement usefull cause it will add something
 more clear for buddypress.

 It's sure it will be more clear than my really poor english !

 thanks to all buddypress community and devs

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/1706>