[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #1289: All activity feeds have wrong XML <link> tag data for new friendship announcements

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Oct 29 11:59:53 UTC 2009

#1289: All activity feeds have wrong XML <link> tag data for new friendship
announcements
-------------------------------------------------------------+--------------
Reporter:  MrMaz                                             |       Owner:
    Type:  defect                                            |      Status:  new
 Here is where the activity feed templates are calling the template tag:
 http://trac.buddypress.org/browser/branches/1.1/bp-activity/feeds/bp-
 activity-friends-feed.php#L35
 http://trac.buddypress.org/browser/branches/1.1/bp-activity/feeds/bp-
 activity-personal-feed.php#L35
 http://trac.buddypress.org/browser/branches/1.1/bp-activity/feeds/bp-
 activity-sitewide-feed.php#L36

 The problem is that when the bp_activity_feed_item_link() function returns
 the "primary_link" field (for a new friendship activity item) in the
 activity feed templates, an <a> tag is put into the XML <link> tag, which
 results in bad behavior by feed readers.
 http://trac.buddypress.org/browser/branches/1.1/bp-activity/bp-activity-
 templatetags.php#L442

 The problem is with the function friends_accept_friendship() on this line.
 It calls bp_core_get_userlink() which returns an <a> tag instead of just
 the URL.  The entire tag is then stored in the table's "primary_link"
 field. I don't think this is correct, unless I missed something.
 http://trac.buddypress.org/browser/branches/1.1/bp-friends.php#L632

 Suggested fix is to change line 632 to use bp_core_get_userurl() instead
 which returns only the URL.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/1289>