[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #1196: wordpress "Page" title not included in <title></title> using bp_page_title()

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Oct 6 21:06:15 UTC 2009

#1196: wordpress "Page"  title not included in <title></title> using
bp_page_title()
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter:  lostdeviant             |       Owner:
    Type:  defect                  |      Status:  new
 I tried to work around this by changing the
  <title><?php bp_page_title() ?> </title>

 <?php if(is_page()) { ?>
                 <title><?php  wp_title('');  ?> - <?php bp_page_title() ?>
 </title>
         <?php } else { ?>
         <title><?php bp_page_title() ?> </title>
         <?php } ?>

 but then the most recent post title appeared in a member profile page so I
 had to go back to the original.

 the page title should actually show the page parent (if exists) and the
 page's actual title..

 I really think the order of the title is off in general. instead of
 starting with the site name, it should start with the post/page/buddypress
 page title then parent or description (like member, group, profile) then
 the name of the site or blog.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/1196>