[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #1347: noreply at domain.com / user e-mail notification / missing information of how to reply to a message

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Nov 15 18:59:52 UTC 2009

#1347: noreply at domain.com / user e-mail notification / missing information of how
to reply to a message
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
Reporter:  erich73                              |       Owner:
    Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
 when users are sending "Private Messages" to each other, then they do
 receive an "e-mail notification" (e.g. to their MS-Outlook-Inbox) that
 they have received a new message from user X.

 It happended a few times that users DIRECTLY replied to this "notification
 e-mail". Which means those people DIRECTLY replied to the e-mail-address
 "noreply at domain.com"

 Can we have a simple solution like this:
 Within the "notification e-mail", it should say the following:

 "Please do not reply to this e-mail directly. Please use the following
 LINK in order to reply to this message".

 We already have something similar within the e-mail-text: "Please click
 this LINK in order to read the message".
 But it is currently missing to inform the user that he is not able to
 reply directly to the received "notification e-mail".

 This is a major issue for me.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/1347>