[buddypress-dev] Not Sending Private Messages

Art Butcher art at jarthurbutcher.com
Wed Jul 27 18:18:17 UTC 2011

We’re running Wordpress 3.2 and BuddyPress 1.2.9 using BuddyPress Template
Pack 1.1.3 and hosting on Bluehost.

When I compose a message I enter all the fields – Send To; Subject and
Message.

When I send the message I get…

There was an error sending that message1, please try again

I found where this message originates in the BuddyPress message.php
template. There are three places. I added a 1, 2, 3 to see which one is
causing the problem.

The 1 is for the a missing subject or content. After sending the message and
when the error messages appears the subject field remains filled in, but the
content field is blank. For some reason the content field is being wiped out
and seen as empty.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Art