[buddypress-dev] bpcontents 1.0 alpha 1 using MPTT

Burt Adsit burt at ourcommoninterest.org
Mon May 25 22:52:19 GMT 2009

Howdy all. I've released a plugin for bp that does Member, Group and
Blog tagging. That's nothing earth shaking but the core mechanism for
storing the hierarchical relationships in the project is Modified
Pre-Order Tree Traversal, MPTT.

I ran across this when doing research for the project. This is not the
normal Adjacency list, parent/child hierarchical storage mechanism. It's
a great deal of fun to work with and is wildly fast when it comes to
getting an entire tree of data in just a couple of sql queries.

There's a download link in this post:

http://code.ourcommoninterest.org/2009/05/25/bpcontents-10-alpha-1-member-group-and-blog-tagging-for-buddypress/

Ya, I know, hell of a slug 'eh?

--