[buddypress-dev] BuddyPress install problems

Charles Dixon-Spain charles at fyneside.com
Sun Sep 21 09:48:10 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have a working fresh install of wpmu (tested etc.) uploaded the
plugins into mu-plugins as instructions, chmod the wp-contents folder
etc etc. Symptoms:

1. Adding a group fails. "There was an error saving the group. Please
try again"
2. Create a Home Base results in a blank page. (which reminds me of
how WP fails when the theme is installed but broken)
3. So I check out the Themes page and find that both of the BuddyPress
themes are broken. Both style sheets are "unreadable" which is an
error I have never had before. I have uploaded the themes repeatedly,
and even checked the sizes of the files to ensure that its all there
(it is).

This is all using the latest version of the trunk.

I am sure this is a basic newbie config. error, so any help would much
appreciated.

Best Charles