[buddypress-dev] INSTALL-README comments

Joss Winn joss at josswinn.org
Thu Sep 18 15:39:26 GMT 2008

Hello,

Just a couple of suggestions on how I think the wording of the INSTALL
file can be improved:

* To use BuddyPress, your WPMU installation **MUST BE INSTALLED IN THE
ROOT [of your domain or sub-domain]**.
BuddyPress will not currently work when WPMU is installed a sub directory.

* Head to /wp-content/themes/ and backup the existing /home/
directory. Once you have it
backed up remove the /home/ directory from /wp-content/themes/

[it's not clear from this README why you need to backup but then
remove the vanilla home theme. What's more important is setting the
default theme to be 'BuddyPress Home Theme' or otherwise a user's blog
is a blank page. The Admin needs to activate the BuddyPress Home Theme
in Site Admin/Themes, so a user can see the theme they are using. I'm
not 100% sure how the site admin selects the default blog theme for
new users, but it didn't default to the BuddyPress Home Theme for me
on two installs.]

Cheers
Joss