[buddypress-dev] Re: buddypress + getshopped

Chris Taylor - stillbreathing.co.uk chris at stillbreathing.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 20:40:37 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 2:57 AM, Dan Milward <dan at instinct.co.nz> wrote:
> I'm scared of how much design work we're going to need to do on the front
> page of the site to make this cool :P

Yep, but this would put you streets ahead of many other similar sites.

One thing I'd like to see - especially on technology-related
e-commerce sites - is some kind of "Dream Machine" feature where
people can think up their perfect product configuration for a
particular scenario. That would probably be most useful for a PC
components site, but might work for other things as well.

You can also copy, I mean be influenced by, Amazon and have wishlists.
But you could make those more social by creating lists for other
people - and even keeping them secret. For example you could make a
list for your brother containing all the things he wants which people
could buy him for his birthday. If he doesn't know about the list,
it's a big surprise.

Lots of ideas for this.

Chris