[buddypress-dev] Integrate backend theme with buddypress new theme seamlessly

Jerome jeromebeta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 17:48:14 GMT 2008

Hi, All

Integrating wpmu frontend with backend theme seamlessly is a proved success
on my wpmu site, I implemented it by means of changing both backend theme
and default theme (on my site the user can only use the default theme, based
on my site's purpose and I will integrate buddypress on my site in future, I
have a good reason to do this) , to make the menus and navigation bars look
exactly same, so that the user won't feel any difference when they go to the
backend (admin site), the users of my site like it very much and gave me
many positive response.

The new BuddyPress theme is awesome! I plan to change to it when it is
completed, but the user will fell weird when they go to the backend and see
the default wpmu backend theme. I wonder if you guys working on this theme
have the plan to do the above wonderful things like I did? if yes, do you
have any design thoughts already? probably it need change the core files
since it need modify the backend theme as well, based on my experience,
design it earlier will save you a lot of time in future.