[buddypress-dev] "Mutual Friends" and "People You May Know"

Ponara ponara at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 18:20:04 GMT 2008

I would like to suggest that "people you may know" is unnecessary, it is in
theory attempting to guess-match you to people you may know based on profile
info and related friends, not an easy thing to do - and facebook has never
shown me someone I "may know".
I'm more hoping to allow people to be a fan of another author or member - a
fan doesn't have to be "confirmed", this way a fan can be kept abreast of
the author's latest blogs, comments, etc via the wire.  It is used to good
effect on 2.0 news sites that are increasingly resembling a social network.
(huffingtonpost.com, gothamist.com)

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 2:01 PM, <chris at stillbreathing.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have the beginnings of a friend system but it needs a lot of work.
> The good news is it should be fairly easy to show 'friends of friends'
> and 'mutual friends'. I'm not sure how 'people you may know' works.
> Can someone explain?
>
> Chris
>
> On 6/17/08, Jerome <jeromebeta at gmail.com> wrote:
> > As we know, "Mutual Friends" and "People You May Know" are the important
> and
> > attractive features on Facebook, are they in our BuddyPress plan? I did
> not
> > see it on trac.buddypress.com yet so far, thanks!

Ponara Steven Eng
tel.: 212-810-6067