Localization (was Re: [buddypress-dev] Re: buddypress-dev Digest, Vol 3, Issue 7)

kingler kingler at 72pines.com
Sat Jun 14 20:29:26 GMT 2008

Hi, Andy

Actually, since BuddyPress is more like a plugin for WPMU, the textdomain
probably should be different from the default WPMU. It simply means that
instead of

_e("text"), it is better to use _e("text", "buddypress");

This way, translators can do WPMU translation and BuddyPress translations
separately. And the buddypress translation can be made available for
download with the BuddyPress package.

Just my 2 cents. Once it is ready, Nikolay can probably setup an automatic
POT file generation script for BuddyPress as well. :)

-Liang