[buddypress-dev] New BuddyPress Theme

Ponara ponara at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 15:43:35 GMT 2008

the theme looks beautiful..
i'd like to know if options are being considered for making not just
'friends' but also 'fans' - which don't require a confirmation.  This is
especially helpful in news type social networks where you are bookmarking an
article, favoriting or becoming a fan of an author, or rating an article
up/down ala digg.  I'm thinking of these features along the lines of Movable
Type's Community Solution, which HuffingtonPost.com and Gothamist use to
good effect.

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 6:54 PM, Andy Peatling <andypeatling at automattic.com>
wrote:

> I've been working on a new default BuddyPress theme for the past week or
> so.
>
> The current theme is just for testing purposes and really doesn't achieve
> anything. The new theme will make use of all the BuddyPress functionality
> and will hopeful provide theme designers with a theme to copy and paste code
> from. It'll include all the new BuddyPress template tags.
>
> I've explained more on the actual gallery page, so it's best to head over
> there and take a look.
>
> http://apeatling.wordpress.com/2008/06/12/new-buddypress-theme/
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> PS: They are mockups right now, but I'm actively developing this.
>
> ---------
> Andy Peatling | Social Engineer | Automattic
> http://andyinlife.com

Ponara Steven Eng
tel.: 212-810-6067