[buddypress-dev] Help! 404 links in BuddyPress Template

David J. Bisset dbisset at dimensionmedia.com
Tue Jul 15 12:18:42 GMT 2008

Just downloaded the lastest build of BuddyPress Template and i'm
getting 404 errors in the navigational links. I have installed WP MU
in a subdirectory on my site:

http://davidandpeta-gaye.com/davidsocial/

When i log in, the left most links all return 404 errors. The log out
link isn't even pointing to the correct location (pointing to outside
of the install).

It's even worse for a user.

http://davidandpeta-gaye.com/davidsocial/davidbisset/

The homepage isn't the profile page, but a blog. Links still produce
404 errors.

I noticed this in the trac, but didn't produce anything fruitful:
http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/33

I have been playing around with these values in bp-core-catchuri.php:
$component_index = 0;
$action_index = 1;

This seems to help (the homepage of a user now is a profile, but the
links are still producing 404 errors and the submenus are still off).

Can anyone lend a little help here? Thanks. :-)

--
David Bisset
Director of Web Development