[buddypress-dev] Updates in revision 28

Isaac Chapman isaac.a.chapman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 17:32:47 GMT 2008

I'm also a bit confused about why other people's email addresses are
appearing on "my" site.  To remain similar to stock WPMU, I think the
Authors & Users should only list people who have a role on that
particular site. Instead of having a global directory on "my" site,
perhaps a search feature similar to the friend finder should be
incorporated if I want to

As I haven't really had time to examine the buddypress code in depth
yet, if for some reason everyone who joins a buddypress powered site
is automatically being assigned a capability on all of the underlying
blogs, the usermeta table is going to grow exponentially in size as
new people sign up, negatively impacting mysql inserts and updates as
this table has three indexes to maintain.

Then again, the WP/WPMU database schema could use many many
normalization & efficiency improvements anyway, but that is outside
the scope of buddypress.

Isaac Chapman