[buddypress-dev] Re: Re: test drive buddy press (Kurus Keren)

Andy Peatling andypeatling at automattic.com
Wed Apr 9 00:36:01 GMT 2008

On 8-Apr-08, at 5:30 PM, Andrea wrote:
> Andy Peatling wrote:
>> I've just committed revision 20. This will fix the interface issues
>> with the new WP2.5 administration area. Thumbnail filenames had
>> changed in 2.5 which meant the profile picture functionality had
>> broken. This has now been fixed, once the test server is updated
>> you should be able to upload and select profile pictures.
>>
>> Andrea - can you activate the BuddyPress default theme so that
>> profiles render correctly?
> Yep, it was there before, but I didn't catch how users couldn't
> reach the Presentation tab, so I've now made it use the BP theme by
> default on new signups. Oddly enough, I could type in the URL and
> reach it, but I don't know if that's because I'm the site admin (ie;
> I haven't  read the code yet ;) ).

If you are logged in as the site admin and head to the "Site Admin >
Themes" tab, disable all the themes other than "BuddyPress Profile
Default". That way all users should be forced into using the correct
theme.

> The only other thing I noticed was that going back to the signup
> page while logged in, and trying to set up another blog, sends me
> off in a circle of no explanation. That behavior definitely needs to
> be documented. :D

Multiple blogs is going to be an issue with BuddyPress. In fact, the
plan right now is to limit one user to one blog. With BuddyPress, the
administration area represents the person, and not the blog. This
causes a problem when administering multiple blogs. Which admin area
would you go to to check your messages or add a new photo?

I can see ways around this, but for simplicities sake, one blog for
each user is the route we are taking for the time being. I haven't yet
added the code to stop the registration of multiple blogs, which is
why you are getting the run around. :)

Andy