[buddypress-dev] Portable friends

Justin Ball justinball at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 15:23:36 GMT 2008

What about using RSS or Atom to move friend data around.  It seems
like we could use that format for all of these:
>  - Display the current status of each friend
>  - Display the latest post from each friend
>  - Show what topics your friends have been posting on
>  - Display recently-added photos from friends
>  - Compare favourites etc. with friends

If we use a standard format we can also use existing libraries to
parse the data.  Other developers will also be able to use similar
libraries both in Wordpress and on other platforms to do the same
thing.  I think that to get broadest adoption we need to stick as
close to common, simple formats as possible.

Justin