[buddypress-dev] Import from WP

Paolo Tresso / Pixline supporto at pixline.net
Thu Apr 3 10:36:06 GMT 2008

> Just migrated from Xoops to WP a few months ago and still not that
> familiar with other flavors of WP and didn't even know that WPMU
> exist.
>
> 1. Would it be possible to export all my post in WP to BuddyPress?

buddypress isn't another software, but a regular WPMU with some
plugins. so, it share the same import/export xml standard of
WordPress. you can export from WP and import in WPMU, just make sure
to use the same version of the xml (WP 2.3.x  = WPMU 1.3.x)

> 2. Database is MSYQL. Is it also possible to export user accounts
> table from WP and import it to BuddyPress table?

I think you can overwrite directly your WPMU wp_users table with a
WordPress one, the only issue I can imagine is that you need to have
the same user ID range of the WPMU table (you'll need to have at least
the userID 1 to admin the website, because while you import the XML
file you can align every unknown author with a regular author, or
create a custom one).

Bests,

Paolo Tresso (Pixline)
online media developer