[buddypress-dev] Hello everyone...

Michael Kimb Jones mkjones at mkjones.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 09:59:20 GMT 2008

Just saying Hi to everyone (seems to be the norm right now)...

I'm Michael Kimb Jones (mkjones) and am very interested in using WP as
a Social Networking tool. I have used Drupal in the past but can't get
past its bulky and frankly quite scary codebase.

I work in the NHS (Web Developer) and use ASP.Net (boo!) 90% of the
time but dabble in PHP for personal and freelance projects.

I also run a small design studio - www.base6design.com - which I
started around 5 months ago and am still trying to get off the ground.

Wordpress is my passion for CMS and blogging work. I have a number of
sites which run it and love to hack it up and re-work it. Things you
just can't do with other publishing platforms.

I have 2 WP powered projects in the pipeline, one taking longer than
expected which I may swap over to buddypress if it will help me get
things moving.

That's about it for now. Nice to meet you all!

Cheers...

mkjones
(www.mkjones.co.uk)