[buddypress-dev] Data Portability and Microformats

Donnie La Curan don.lacuran at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 00:41:05 GMT 2008

I would leave this out of BuddyPress by default, but someone could make a
plugin for it.

I'd like to see BuddyPress come as is out of the box not requiring other
services to use certain features.  Keep the core features of BuddyPress
within itself and then other developers can come in and make plugins for
whatever outside services they want to use.

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 7:33 PM, Andrea <sillyandrea at gmail.com> wrote:

> I totally second this part. Piping in or to popular things like Twitter is
> way better than yet one more thing. I already tweet enough! :D
>
> Also, if there was some way it could check gravatars first for my avatar
> (which, honestly, I just use the same one everywhere) then that'd be very
> cool.
>
> Andrea
>
> Ryan Imel wrote:
>
> > Honestly, before seeing your thoughts I was going to suggest that, for
> > the
> > "currently doing" feature of BuddyPress, piping in Twitter feeds so that
> > we
> > don't have to manage yet _another_ constant update mechanism. Now I
> > realize
> > my thinking needs to switch from "use the popular silo" to "leave the
> > silos
> > behind." Instead of pushing BuddyPress to use Twitter, Twitter needs to
> > be
> > piping in my updates from where I keep it.
> >

> --
> Follow me on my various websites:
> http://atypicalife.net/blog/  personal anecdotes from our days
> http://homeschooljournal.net/ free blogs for homeschoolers