[wpmu-trac] [WordPress MU Trac] #1033: Unable to get to dashboard blog if it doesn't share the same home url as the site

WordPress MU Trac wpmu-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jul 10 13:16:14 UTC 2009

#1033: Unable to get to dashboard blog if it doesn't share the same home url as
the site
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  prettyboymp  |       Owner:  somebody
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
Component:  General      |     Version:
 Severity:  normal       |    Keywords:
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 I may be misinterpreting what the Dashboard Blog is supposed to do.
 However, I set the dashboard blog and the dashboard user default role in
 order to have a blog (not the root blog) where all users can contribute.
 Once this was set, you would be redirected to the admin if you tried to
 navigate to the dashboard blog.

 A work around was to call the following:
 {{{
 remove_action('template_redirect', 'redirect_mu_dashboard');
 }}}

 To reproduce:[[BR]]
 1.  Setup MU install using subdirectories for blogs. Looks to do the same
 using subdomains, but didn't test.[[BR]]
 2.  Set dashboard blog under Admin Options to blog other than the root
 blog.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/1033>
WordPress MU Trac <http://mu.wordpress.org/>