[wpmu-trac] Re: [WordPress MU Trac] #904: WPMU performs a blog-specific query without switching to the blog, messing up HyperDB

WordPress MU Trac wpmu-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Feb 18 13:27:51 GMT 2009

#904: WPMU performs a blog-specific query without switching to the blog, messing
up HyperDB
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith  |        Owner:  donncha
     Type:  defect       |       Status:  new
Comment (by donncha):

 I wonder if we can look at this in another way. Let $blogname override
 page name rather than the opposite which is the case now.

 So, first of all you attempt to create $current_blog using
 $path.$blogname.'/', if it doesn't exist then create it by searching for
 path=$path. That gets rid of the page lookup nonsense and makes the site
 faster (and easier to potentially cache too)
 It would be up to the author on the main blog to ensure that any pages
 created don't conflict with blogs. The blog will be shown rather than the
 page. An admin notice warning of conflicts would be simple to add to the
 main blog's dashboard.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/904#comment:2>
WordPress MU Trac <http://mu.wordpress.org/>