[wp-xmlrpc] Possible to filter posts users see in their mobile app?

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Mon Mar 21 20:15:13 UTC 2011

Matthew,

This really depends on which XML-RPC calls the mobile application is making.
 Off the top of my head, I'd think they were using `blogger.getRecentPosts`
to get the blog's most recent posts.  This method internally calls
wp_get_recent_posts() which uses the get_posts() function to pull things
from the database.

This *should* be firing the pre_get_posts automatically.  Is it not?  Have
you tried to trace the route of a request?  What have you done so far to
extend this functionality to users of the WordPress iOS app and what have
been the results?