[wp-xmlrpc] Restricting available methods on a per blog basis

luke Mackenzie luke at lukem.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 10:21:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am using the xmlrpc_methods filter to add custom XMLRPC methods to my WPMU
2.9.2 install in an MU plugin. I'd like to restrict the available methods on
a per blog basis so that if the endpoint being called is
mydomain.com/blogname/xmlrpc.php, only a subset of methods are exposed. The
concern is one of security so that a particular endpoint cannot be used to
influence, for example, voting results.

My initial thought was that I could use the REQUEST_URI and or the
REMOTE_ADDR vars in $_SERVER and switch on those in my xmlrpc_methods
function. We'll also be migrating to WP3 soon so it would be useful to know
if any relevant functionality exists in the later version.

Many thanks for any replies/advice.

Luke Mackenzie.