[wp-xmlrpc] XMLRPC for Wordpress Mu

Joseph Scott joseph at josephscott.org
Sat May 15 06:56:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 8:42 AM, Luke Mackenzie <luke at lukem.co.uk> wrote:
> Altering the blog_id has no effect on the comments returned. I have read elsewhere that the blog_id parameter is ignored. Is that still the case?

WordPress doesn't use the blog_id provided in XML-RPC methods.  In
most cases it was put there to maintain method signature compatibility
with other systems that implemented the same methods.

Understandably this can get confusing for people used to dealing with
WordPressMU because in that context blog_id does have a particular
meaning in the rest of the code base.

> An alternative would be to use different endpoints per blog as I believe these are separate in MU?

This is the right approach to take.  From the XML-RPC client point of
view each blog on a MU install is a really a stand alone site, each
has it's own RSD URL and XML-RPC end point.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at josephscott.org
http://josephscott.org/