[wp-xmlrpc] Help with the XML-RPC API - Managing Posts

Tim Golen tim at golen.net
Tue Jun 15 15:39:45 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've got all the functions at http://codex.wordpress.org/XML-RPC_wp working
just fine... However, I noticed there aren't any functions for
adding/deleting/editing/retrieving actual posts. How is that supposed to be
handled? It mentions at http://codex.wordpress.org/XML-RPC_Support that
Wordpress supports the Blogger API (and others) and those do have functions
for working with posts. It doesn't make sense to me that you have to use
another systems API in order to make a post.

Regardless, I tried to use the function blogger.newPost to create a post and
it keeps telling me the username and password is incorrect. All the calls I
make to wp.* functions work just fine with my username and password. Am I
missing something obvious here?

Thanks for the help!
Tim